Fancy taking in a stylish platformer on Switch? Spectrum will soon be coming and it’s been announced that we’ll be seeing a rather exclusive local multiplayer race mode.
Whilst a release date is still to be confirmed, the development team behind Spectrum have today confirmed that the Nintendo Switch version will receive an exclusive local multiplayer race mode.
The Couch PvP will let you compete against a friend in a race, as you go head to head in an intense dash and dive to the exit portal. With races being held across a series of gorgeous, abstract courses, all of which need to be deftly navigated, you’ll find that the Race Mode supports split Joy-Con play, so can still be enjoyed with a friend even if you have just a single Joy-Con.
Full features of Spectrum are as follows:
- A mysterious world brought to life with a colourful, minimalist aesthetic
- Master movement and gravity to dodge obstacles and reach the exit portal
- Ambient soundtrack to sharpen the senses and stimulate the mind
- 80 beautifully designed levels spanning 8 different environments
- 3 bonus objectives on every level to complete for total perfection
- Perfect your runs to become a legend of the leaderboards
- Race Mode: Compete against a friend in the Nintendo Switch exclusive local 2-player mode. Supports split Joy-Con play
Now, without further ado, check out the trailer below to see Spectrum in full flow on Nintendo Switch in both single-player mode and the 2-player Race Mode.