It came out of a game jam to win the heart of thousands of gamers on itch.io, but now it’s time for Forager to move up a level as it has been confirmed the game will be arriving on Nintendo Switch and PC.
Due to arrive in the Fall of 2018, Forager from the development team at HopFrog is arriving on Switch and Steam thanks to a partnership with Humble Bundle. If you ever wanted to see what an addictive Zelda and Minecraft-style experience is, then Forager is for you.
A game that combines crafting, exploration and base building, it can only be described as “the idle game that you want to actively keep playing.” If you can think of a mix between old school 2D Zelda and a more modern Minecraft/Terraria-like crafter, then you’ll be pretty close to the mark.
Dropping players into a small piece of land with just a pickaxe and a desire for expansion and exploration, you’ll be left to buy procedurally generated lands to uncover secrets, solve puzzles, find dungeons, treasure and forgotten relics, all in order to expand your sprawling bases.
It promises to be nearly impossible to put down, and Forager always has something to manage or work towards with it’s 10+ hours of promised gameplay!
New features will be arriving too, with the following key components in place:
- New lands and biomes! After popular demand, each bought land can feature different biomes, resources, enemies and secrets!
- 16+ new skills to learn and master, in a free form upgrade system that allows players to customize their experience as they see fit. This brings the number up to 64 total skills to learn, each unlocking new items, structures or gameplay modifiers.
- Dozens of new buildings to create and decorate your base with.
- Farming mechanics, including caring for animals and the harvesting of all sorts of crops and herbs.
- NPC interaction. Find quirky companions to trade or talk with. Convince them to join your party and raid dungeons together!
It’s time to sit back and enjoy the rest of the year, just be aware that when the Autumn comes round, it’ll be time to become a Forager!