We’ve known about POLYGOD for a little while already, but today the indie outfit at Krafted Games have confirmed some rather interesting news – the Switch version of the game will have Gyro Motion Aiming as an optional extra.
Due to hit Nintendo Switch, PC and Xbox One in Q1 2018 for £16.19 / $14.99 / €16.59, POLYGOD comes with a hugely distinctive and bold visual style and solid gameplay mechanics, and now the chance to utilise Gyro Motion Aiming should we so wish.
A rogue-like randomly generated FPS, it is gearing up for launch, giving us the chance to become the most refined FPS guru. It won’t be easy though as this is a game that not only comes with a brutal difficulty curve, infinite level possibilities and skill based gameplay, but an addictive nature that will keep us going back for more over and over again!
“We’ve noticed a trend of Switch players using gyro motion controls in conjunction with standard controls to gain more accuracy,” commented Dominic Obojkovits, co-founder, Lead Designer & Programmer at Krafted Games. “We think this control system will enhance the FPS experience of POLYGOD so we’re adding it as an optional feature for all Switch gamers.”
POLYGOD features include:
- Infinite level possibilities – maps are randomly generated and seeded providing a tonne of replayability, but then shareable among friends in order to encourage competition with full leaderboard support
- Brutal Difficulty curve – Only the most skilled gamers will ascend to Godhood…
- Online co-op and versus multiplayer – Allows for competitive fun to be had among friends featuring daily leaderboards
- Skill based gameplay – Built upon a principle that if one lacks skill, it can be substituted for strategy and vice versa. Eg. unskilled strategic players will be just as good as skillful nonstrategic players.
- Unique ‘Blessings’ based weapon customisation system – Combine and stack ‘blessings’ to create hundreds of thousands of unique weapons, blessings combine to give a high level of depth. Deep understanding is required to fully utilise the blessing system which in turn gives a high replay value
- Classic FPS controls – POLYGOD’s controls are reminiscent of Quake 3 and the original Doom, bringing a classic gameplay vibe back having been absent since the 90’s!
- Super fast paced and addictive – requires hundreds of hours to master, a speed-runner/hardcore gamer’s dream