It’s the critically acclaimed drama that has wowed audiences the world over, but now Three Fourths Home: Extended Edition will be coming to Nintendo Switch… very soon!
So soon in fact that 10th May 2018 is the date you need to worry about.
Yes, in just a few short weeks you’ll be able to take Three Fourths Home on the move as the Extended Edition hits Switch, delivering a short story and a ton of striking, minimal art.
Coming from Digerati and [bracket]games, Three Fourths Home: Extended Edition will ensure that emotive storytelling and stunning narrative will be thrust towards Switch players in a game that explores the emotional ties of family relationships.
About the game
An IGF Finalist for ‘Excellence in Narrative’, Three Fourths Home: Extended Edition is a critically acclaimed visual short story that explores the emotional ties of family relationships. In her mid-20s, Kelly has been forced to move back to Nebraska. Back to that flat expanse, that seemingly endless sea of rustling cornstalks peppered by rusty silos and rustier towns. A typically intense Midwestern storm is approaching while Kelly is out. She needs to get home. In the 20 miles between her grandparents’ crumbling barn and her parents’ house, she receives a phone call from her mother… Assume the role of Kelly during her drive through the storm. While travelling through a stylized representation of rural Nebraska, players navigate an extended conversation between Kelly, her parents, and her younger brother. Through dialogue choice and simple driving mechanics, the story delves into a specific moment of these characters’ lives and their relationships with one another.
The key features of the Extended Edition of Three Fourths Home include:
- Affecting narrative that touches on a variety of issues, including disability, adulthood, and familial obligation
- Striking visuals, original soundtrack, and ambient sound effects combine to create an intensely powerful atmosphere
- Keep driving to keep the conversation going – stop, and time slows to a crawl
- Almost 800 unique dialogue choices shade the story differently based on how you play
- Includes ‘Idling in the Rubble’ – an epilogue that expands upon the main story
You could do much much worse than to keep an eye on the eShop come May 10th 2018, before spending a little cash on one of the best narratives in gaming. Don’t miss it.